School Based Personal Care Support Assistant
Job DescriptionMy client is a specialist independent school that supports children between 3-19 years of ages with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Providing effective, specialist and support to pupils so they can achieve their full potential in education and life.
With two sights covering both primary and secondary aged pupils, you will need to be able to provide personalised teaching and learning according to the child's needs. The main aim is to always encourage pupils to stay in school to further education and provide a broad curriculum which is meaningful and fun.
We would like someone who is willing to improve the well-being of these young people by understanding their feelings and emotions and provide them with a range of strategies to cope with daily activities. If you have what it takes to provide this commitment, then this may be the role for you.
About the role:
-Supporting children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
-Encouraging children throughout their young years between 3-19 years of age.
-Daily rate between 57- 75.
-Helping students to develop life skills.
-Working hours of 8.30-16.00pm.
-Immediate start, 5 days a week.
-Preparing lessons using resources provided.
-Managing pupil's behaviour.
-Helping children identify and acknowledge socially acceptable patterns of behaviour.
-Develop home/school relationships towards children and their families.
-Teach students how to work under instruction of the class teacher.
-Assisting with personal care.
-Enthusiastic friendly but firm approach.
-Previous support work within a school or other young people related experiences.
-Able to commit to working one to one and within small groups.
-Confidence in having strong behaviour management and dealing with challenging behaviour.
-Be able to provide a valid DBS or be on the update system.
Sound like something you would be interested in? Then please get in touch by sending us your CV and a member of the team will be in touch within 3-5 working days if you are successful.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|
Jobs like this one
- Secondary Classroom Support Protocol Education Loughborough Salary dependent on experience
- Creative Classroom Assistant Protocol Education Leicestershire Salary dependant upon role & experience
- Teaching Assistant Randstad Education Coalville £8.21 - £9.21 per hour + Negotiable on experience
- Maths Teacher Randstad Education City of London £140 - £160 per day
- BSL Communication Support Randstad Education South West London £70.00 - £92.30 per day + Free parking,training and progression
- Behaviour Mentor – Year 8 Students Protocol Education Hillingdon £60 - £75 per day