REESON Education are currently seeking experienced Teaching Assistants for special needs schools based throughout London that cater for the needs of students who have a wide range of learning difficulties, moderate, severe, profound and complex.
The roles consist within specific schools, centres and services that provide specialist care and support for the development of independent, self-help, functional and vocational living skills for pupils currently aged between 1-19 with ASD and associated challenging behaviours. The centres, based within a school, are unique provisions which provide a service to the pupils.
The job will require the successful candidate to work closely with one individual student and to take responsibility for the implementation of their educational, social and behaviour plan. As a Teaching Assistant, you will be expected to develop a deep understanding of the needs of your allocated student.
Schools are seeking to appoint individuals with special skills, as well as enthusiasm and a high degree of commitment to working with students with the highest level of need and challenging behaviour arising from autism. The posts will involve flexible working within the student's home and schools.
Applications are welcomed from individuals who:
- have proven experience of working directly with primary/secondary aged students or adults who receive direct payments and/or are allocated to a social worker and/or attend day services or whom may work in health services
- have some experience of working with individuals who have challenging behaviour/communication difficulties and/or disabilities
- would seek to work within a team to support students with autism and highly complex needs
- are willing and able to carry out manual handling tasks which could include; assistance with student's personal care, auxiliary medical care and the management, under guidance, of difficult behaviours
- are committed to continuous professional development
- have a positive "can do" attitude and are very willing to learn
- are willing to work flexible hours
- some experience and basic skills of using ICT packages such as Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- possess at least a minimum of NVQ Level 2 (equivalent is 4/5 GCSE's Grade A* to C)
- are willing to follow assessment and recording procedures, as well as following relevant curriculum tasks
A majority of our schools will be able to offer you professional development and training along with shadowing, mentoring and coaching.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|