Foundational English Literacy and Numeracy Teaching Advisors
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
To contribute to a significant increase in children’s foundational English literacy and numeracy outcomes and reduction in dropout by providing high quality training and coaching to all English and Mathematics teachers at P1-3, intensive support for advance skills teachers and education through coaching and leadership of both face-to-face and virtual peer-network activities. They will also build the capacity of district training teams and share qualitative information to support evaluations and on-going adaption of the programme to maximize effectiveness. Whilst each advisors will provide overall support in 2 districts, they can also be flexibly deployed to provide intensified support in other districts as necessary
Skills, qualifications and experience
successful candidates are likely to have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
• An primary education degree or Post-Graduate Certificate of Education
• At least 4 years’ experience of effective teaching of foundational English literacy and numeracy and parental engagement
• Demonstrable understanding of learner-centred pedagogic techniques
• Fluent English speaker
• Good written skills in English
• Capability to produce accurate, reflective reports with reference to qualitative and quantitative data
• Key qualities of relationship-building, adaptability and resilience
Please note: Funding for this placement is in the process of being secured and thus we are inviting applications and the process will continue pending the confirmation of funding being approved.
To submit your application, click on apply and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|