Are you a recent graduate looking to make a difference in the classroom and perhaps study a PGCE in future?
Do you really want to become a teacher but lack the necessary classroom experience to get on the course?
Maybe you have experience of working with large groups of teenagers such as sports coaching, charity and youth work, or drama workshops for example and aren't sure whether to take the plunge into teacher training?
If the answer is yes to any of those questions then 'Cover Supervisor' work with Randstad Education is definitely for you! The role itself involves supervising pupils aged 11-18 in the classroom carrying out pre-prepared tasks when teaching staff are on short-term absence. It is an excellent introduction to working in a secondary school and seeing if teaching is for you! It also makes a great addition to your CV and application for a PGCE!
We are looking for a cover supervisor who can work on a day-to-day ad hoc basis, but this could lead to something more long-term in future. On most days the work is a full school day, but you may cover just for mornings or afternoons, or even one lesson; the work can be very flexible to suit your availability. The requirement is due to an increase in the need for day to day cover within these mainstream settings, covering absent teachers due to training courses, meetings or sickness. This is a great opportunity to enhance your exposure to different schools and ages and be excited by the prospect of an incredibly varied week!
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Bristol and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
- a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist consultant and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free training such as 'An Introduction to Cover Supervision' as well as safeguarding training
- 'recommend a friend' bonus worth up to 300
- flexible hours and working patterns
- being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it,
- outstanding schools to work at, with supportive staff and excellent staff facilities
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a committed team, providing a service to the staff and pupils of the schools. Responsibilities would include:
- being willing and able to supervise classes of up to 30 pupils on your own with no teacher present, using strategies to manage behaviour in line with school policy
- delivering lessons from a range of subjects across the national curriculum set by a qualified teacher, with no planning or marking involved
- engaging with the pupils and keeping them on task, assisting with queries where possible
- being highly organised and able to communicate effectively
- dealing with any immediate issues or emergencies according to the school policies and procedures
Our requirements for this post mean you must:
- be passionate about wanting to work with children and young people; any previous experience in this field, even voluntarily, would be an advantage but not essential
- possess the motivation to achieve and add value to the school
- be flexible, punctual, professional and approachable
- be able to establish rapport quickly with children whilst maintaining a high standard of control and discipline
- a degree qualification is an advantage
- be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Bristol, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match.
If your application is deemed to be suitable, an interview would be offered immediately and you could start working in the schools in the new academic year. All candidates will be required to undergo child protection and UK eligibility checks. Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all applicants to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Michelle, your specialist Secondary consultant, via email on email@example.com or by telephone at the Bristol branch on 0117 3116470
| ||Save Job||Share Job|
- Science Teacher - SEN School Hillingdon Protocol Education Hillingdon £120 - £160 per day
- Teaching Assistant Randstad Education Crawley £15000 - £16000 per annum
- Teaching Assistants- Actors, Actresses and Drama Graduates Classroom Teachers City of London £70 - £80 per day