* To carry out the responsibilities as a subject teacher and form tutor, supporting the ethos and vision of the Academy
* To maximise the achievement of students they teach
* To be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people
* Clear and consistent vision and values
* Ability to motivate and empower others
* Positive attitude to continuous improvement
* Leading by example
* Clear and consistent communication skills
* To meet all Teacher Standards and ensure that any statutory curriculum requirements are met.
* To teach challenging, engaging, well-organised lessons and sequences of lessons across the age and ability range.
* To ensure that the needs of all learners are taken into account and relevant guidance and legislation is implemented.
* To have the highest reasonable expectation of individual student performance.
* To set, mark and assess student work as per Academy and department policies.
* To share in the development of schemes of work and engaging resources for students.
* Ensure that published Academy targets for students achievement are understood and that progress is monitored and evaluated.
* In liaison with the Curriculum Leader / Lead Teacher and Student Achievement Support Managers, identify students who are underachieving and where necessary create and implement effective plans of action to support those students.
* To establish a purposeful and safe learning environment where students are inspired by the subject and can demonstrate consistently thoughtful, ethical behaviour with positive learning habits and consideration for others.
* To be proactive in developing their own professional learning, including participation in the quality assurance and performance management process.
* To be a form tutor and carry out all related duties
* To carry out a share of supervisory duties in accordance with published schedules and to promote high standards around the Academy.
* To hold positive values and attitudes and uphold the reputation of the Academy both locally and nationally.
* High standards of achievement for all students
* Become part of an highly motivated and effective subject team
* Become an excellent classroom practitioner
| ||Save Job||Share Job|