School Science Technician
Are you enthusiastic about your specialist subject of science? Do you have laboratory experience that you like to utilise in an education environment? Then please consider an application to Randstad Education!
We currently require a School Science Technician for a cover role at a Secondary school in Liverpool. The role is full-time, 27.5 hours per week. Start time will be 8.30am. The post will start in September and will continue for at least one full term.
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
- a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist consultant with a 24 hour on-call facility
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- access to Free CPD course and Safeguarding Training
- a 'recommend a friend' bonus worth up to 300
- flexible hours and working patterns
- Ensuring all materials and equipment are ready for practical lessons and demonstrations, liaising with teaching staff for lesson planning
- Cleaning, storing and accounting for all equipment and stock including chemicals
- Undertaking of safety checks and routine maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Ensuring chemical and biological waste is disposed of correctly
- Maintaining filing systems and correct paperwork for stock orders and keeping the department tidy
- Keeping relevant Health and Safety knowledge up-to-date eg COSHH requirements
- Assisting teaching staff in the running of practical sessions for pupils, and undertaking other duties as directed
- A strong knowledge of Science particulary Physics or Biology and a genuine interest in the subject; a degree qualification in any area of science would be desirable
- Previous experience of working in a school laboratory, or work experience with children in another capacity (paid or voluntary), for referencing purposes
- A patient approach towards working with children and adults alike
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- A strong work ethic, the ability to work as part of a team of technicians, and a professional attitude
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks, including enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and full referencing process, and the cost of any new police check (DBS) required will be met by the candidate. If you are suitable, an interview would be offered immediately and you could start working in the school soon after.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Heidi McGreary, via email Heidi.firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0151 255 1666 at the Liverpool branch of Randstad Education.
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN, and we now also have a dedicated section looking after School Support roles such as Catering, Technicians, Administration and Finance.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|