Qualified Careers Adviser
Are you a level 7 qualified careers advisor with recent experience of working with school students?
Are you passionate about careers advice and guidance to support young people in making informed choices about their future?
With extensive experience in recruitment and careers advisory services, you are in good hands with CER Education Recruitment. We are passionate about excellent customer service and finding the right jobs to suit each individual. We have a part time opportunity working 2 days and 3 days rolling on a weekly basis with a secondary school in the Harrow area and so are keen to hear from you to match your skills, expertise and work preferences to suitable opportunities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Undertaking one to one student interviews and writing SMART career action plans up to 6 interviews per day.
- Working with some SEN/At risk students for Year 10 offering ongoing support as appropriate.
- Start time will be 8.30am to 4pm.
- You will work three days one week and two days the following week (2.5 days per week overall).
- The last interview will be between 3pm and 3.15pm so there will be time for you to finalise your administration each day.
- Interviews will last for 1 hour with 45 minutes for meeting the student and then 15 minutes for typing up the action Plans.
- There will be open house drop in surgeries each day.
- Undertaking Careers Guidance Interviews with Year 10 and Year 11 students in small groups and one to one.
- Engaging students positively through interactive careers guidance interviews and utilise websites such as Eclips, UCAS and Careers Companion and other resources.
- To have an excellent knowledge of pathways, College, University applications, professional routes, apprenticeships and other destinations as applicable to increase the understanding of employability options for students.
- To discuss future A levels/grades required to progress to University and support with UCAS application.
- Delivering Industry insight sessions to small groups of students interested in such vocational areas.
- Remain up to date with policy and changes in the CEIAG Sector.
- Attendance at parents evenings as required.
- Be committed and passionate about supporting young people to make informed choices about their future.
Ideally you will have:
- A minimum of level 6 qualification in Careers Advisory services
- GCSEs in English and Maths or level 2 equivalents
- Recent experience working as a careers advice in schools
- Recent experience undertaking one to one interviews and writing SMART career action plans
- Excellent LMI knowledge
- A proven track record of consistently good/outstanding advisory support
- The ability to engage, inspire and motivate young people
- Excellent report writing, administration, IT, organisation and time keeping skills
- A valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one
If you are committed to sharing your expertise and supporting young people, we are keen to hear from you. Submit your CV today and we will get back to you or simply call us direct on 020 957 8080.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|