£65.00 - £75.00 Per Day
Permanent | Full Time
Teaching Personnel is seeking to employ individuals who would like to become academic, social, behavioural and emotional support assistants at an OFSTED graded ‘Good’ School, just south of central Hull. As a Support Assistant, you will be working either 1:1 or in small groups of students at the school. You will need to be able to work 5 days a week during school hours, but also flexible to attend meetings with outside agencies after school hours if required.
This position is for a Special Needs School, which is in a great location with access via train, bus and car. They have recently been graded 'Good' in their most recent Ofsted report and are a very supportive school.
• To support the work of the school and develop an in-depth understanding of the work they do, in-line with their aims and ethos.
• To support children in their participation of a number of activity groups for children with special educational needs, mainly Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues.
• To aid in the implementation of 1:1 behavioural intervention programmes to children with Autism, other developmental delays, or Special Educational Needs.
• To receive training from Teaching Personnel including Team Teach and in-house training from the School.
• Observe, work with and record students behaviour.
• To follow session plans.
• Be committed to maintaining an excellent standard of educational support.
• To act professionally at all times.
• In return, you can expect to develop an understanding of the schools ethos, the work we do and the field of child psychology. You can also gain a better understanding of a range of developmental needs, perfect for those of you looking for experience within child psychology.
Candidates must have a clean Child Only DBS that is registered to the Update Service and have similar experience. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.