Learning Support Assistant
Are you looking to secure a very rewarding learning support assistant role, a position that begins immediately after the October half term break?
Do you possess a supportive and empathetic nature with a willingness to genuinely make a difference to secondary students' lives?
If so, then we have the ideal job within the London Borough of Hackney. A secondary school we work with is looking to recruit a learning support assistant on a full time basis, that begins immediately after the October half term break. The role involves working with children with autism and may consist of a variety of both 1:1 support and small group work.
This is a school that prides itself on facilities and resources that are second to none, this has helped to create sports teams, choirs and bands that are bursting with talent.
Benefits of the role are:
- Working here means joining fellow staff members who are hard working and supportive
- Outstanding facilities and resources
- A safe and calm learning environment
- The potential to learn from, and to exchange ideas with, other members of staff
- Working with a headteacher who constantly strives to do things a little better every day
- Students are encouraged to take an active interest in all areas of school life
Responsibilities of the role:
- Supporting students with autism across all ranges from Year 7 to Year 11
- Being empathetic, patient and supportive
- Developing a rapport with students
- To support students across all areas of learning while at the same time allowing them independence
- Liaising with the relevant class teachers and SENCO when required
Requirements of the candidate:
- To be pro-active and understanding
- A basic understanding of autism
- To be punctual
- Understanding of Safeguarding
- Ability to communicate effectively with students
- Being able to work full time between November 2019 and potentially July 2020
- Having a DBS on the Update Service or the willingness to complete a new DBS application
The school is served by excellent train routes, including those from neighbouring Boroughs.
Should you wish to apply or would like more information, please contact Rob Davies on 020 8530 0393.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|