£300 - £400 per week
Barking & Dagenham
Fixed Term | Full Time
Team Teach Qualified Candidates are Needed to start ASAP
A fantastic SEND school in Barking and Dagenham requires enthusiastic and proactive TEAM TEACH TRAINED LSA's to start work immediately. These roles are for long term seeking full time candidates.
Team Teach is an accredited, award-winning provider of positive behaviour management training, equipping individuals and teams in a variety of settings to deal with challenging situations and behaviours in ways that lead to desirable outcomes and positive relationships at work or in daily life
This school caters for pupils with; ASD, complex needs and Challenging behaviour (SEMH); so any previous experience working with pupils with these sen needs would be ideal. However, the most important attribute is the willingness to get involved and be proactive in the classroom.
This school has a very modern campus, with excellent facilities to cater for the pupils SEND requirements. The school has both a primary and secondary school on site, so a willingness to work across both sites is essential. Class sizes are very small (no more than 6 pupils per class), and there is excellent support in place throughout the school.
For this role, you will ideally need to:
• Have a Team Teach trained certificate within the last two years.
• Have previous experience working with children, or young adults, with ASD and complex needs
• Confidence dealing with pupils with different abilities and SEND requirements
• A good knowledge of the national curriculum or confident in supporting small groups with particular subject/s (e.g. Numeracy, literacy booster groups)
• Cable of dealing with challenging behaviour, as well as having strong classroom management, to support pupils in small groups or on a 1:1 basis
• Good interpersonal and communicational skills
• General knowledge / good understanding of ASD
Other experience and qualifications which is preferable:
• Confidence implementing support techniques, such as PEC's & Makaton
• MAPA qualified
If you feel like you can do this role and meet the requirements and want to apply yourself to make a positive impact then see details below on how to get in touch.
Protocol Education are fully in compliance with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details Successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory references, as well as possessing an up to date DBS or be willing to apply for one through Protocol Education.
If this role is of interest to you, or if you are considering another challenge in a SEND school, please contact Michael @ Protocol Education on 0203 219 7745 or firstname.lastname@example.org .