Location: [Specify location]
Job Type: Contract, expected to work Full-Time hours
Primary Industry: Education and Training
Salary: £11.85 - £12.85 Per hour
Company Branding: We cater for children age 4-11 years old who are experiencing a complex range of needs associated with learning difficulties. These include children with Autistic Spectrum Conditions, children with physical needs, and children with language difficulties.
- Provide support to children with special educational needs (SEN) in a classroom setting
- Assist the teacher in implementing individual education plans (IEPs) for students
- Support students in their academic, social, and emotional development
- Help create a positive and inclusive learning environment
- Assist with personal care tasks, if required
- Work closely with the teacher and other professionals to meet the specific needs of each student
- Adapt teaching materials and resources to accommodate individual learning styles and abilities
- Monitor and record student progress, reporting any concerns to the teacher
- Encourage student participation and engagement in classroom activities
- Promote independence and encourage the development of life skills
- Collaborate with parents and guardians to support student learning and well-being
- Minimum of a Level 3 qualification in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools or equivalent
- Valid enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance
- Knowledge of special educational needs and inclusion strategies
- Understanding of safeguarding procedures
- Prior experience working with children with special educational needs
- Good understanding of child development and learning processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues
- Patience, empathy, and a nurturing approach
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Organisational skills and ability to manage time effectively
- Basic IT skills
- Additional qualifications in Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- First Aid certification
- Training in behaviour management strategies
- Work primarily takes place in a classroom setting
- Potential for physical demands such as assisting with personal care tasks
- May involve occasional off-site visits or activities
- Collaborative work with teachers, teaching assistants, and other professionals
- Full-time hours with occasional requirement for flexibility
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.