Looking for your next role?
Have you got experience working with children with special educational needs?
If so, Smile Education would like to speak to you!
An opportunity has arisen for you to immediately join the dedicated team at a “GOOD” Primary school in the Trafford area of Greater Manchester as a full-time SEN Teaching Assistant, you will be making a real difference and unlocking potential of a student in year 3 with Autism / behavioural needs and will be supported by an experienced Special Educational Needs Coordinator.
- Working on a 1:1 basis with children with SEN.
- To promote and encourage independence and personal development in pupils and maintain high expectations of behaviour at all times.
- To contribute to providing high quality, challenging, and differentiated educational activities and experiences through supporting the teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum aiming at pupils achieving their full potential in all areas of learning.
- Support the Class Teacher in all areas of the day to day running of the class.
- To respond to the varying and changing needs of the school and adapt to any task presented to achieve the smooth running of the school.
- To promote pupils’ cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being.
What we offer
- Must have experience of children with SEN.
- NVQ level 2 or 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning or other equivalent qualifications may be accepted.
- A strong commitment to supporting pupil development and progress in schools.
- A passion for wanting to be part of a wider school team.
- Hold a current enhanced DBS (we can help you with this if not)
How to apply?
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
- Support from a designated consultant who will guide you through everything you need to know and any queries.
- Competitive candidate referral fees!
- Regular opportunities to attend CPD sessions and other training benefits.
- Flexible working patterns.
Apply via this website with an up-to-date CV and contact details. For more information, or an informal chat about the role, please call Jack on 0161 526 9028
or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.