Location: Yorkshire and the Humber, West Yorkshire, Bradford
Job Type: Permanent, expected to work Full-Time hours
Primary Industry: Education and Training
Secondary Industry: Education and Training
Salary: £77 - £100 Per day
- Provide support to students with Special Educational Needs (SEN) in an educational setting
- Assist the teacher in implementing individualised education plans (IEPs) for students
- Help students with academic tasks, including reading, writing, and numeracy
- Support students in developing their social and communication skills
- Supervise students during class activities and ensure their safety
- Collaborate with the teaching staff and other professionals to create a positive learning environment
- Monitor and record students' progress and report any concerns to the teacher
- Assist with personal care tasks, if required
- Participate in training and professional development activities to enhance skills and knowledge
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with children or young adults with special educational needs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience working with children or young adults with special educational needs
- Understanding of different types of special educational needs
- Knowledge of educational strategies and techniques to support students with SEN
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Patience, empathy, and a positive attitude
- Higher education qualification in a relevant field (e.g., teaching assistant certification, SEN qualification)
- First aid certification
- Work in an educational setting, such as a school or educational institution
- Full-time position with regular working hours
- May require assisting students with personal care tasks
- Opportunities for professional development and training
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.