Position – SEN Post 16 Teacher
SEN Post 16 Teacher - Carshalton
Are you a committed and experienced educator seeking a fulfilling opportunity to impact the lives of students with Special Educational Needs (SEN)? We're on the lookout for a dedicated Post 16 Teacher for a lovely SEN School in Carshalton catering to students with diverse needs, including Autism, Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), and Complex Needs.
This is a full-time, long term role with a view to going permanent and will be to start as soon as possible. The salary will be equal to the main Teachers’ pay scale.
As a SEN Post 16 Teacher, your responsibilities will include:
- Plan and deliver engaging lessons tailored to the unique requirements of post-16 students with various SEN, such as Autism, PMLD, and Complex Needs.
- Cultivate a supportive and inclusive learning atmosphere that boosts students' confidence, self-esteem, and independence.
- Utilise differentiated instruction methods and adapt teaching approaches to suit diverse learning styles and abilities.
- Establish positive rapport with students, nurturing their social, emotional, and academic development.
- Stay updated on advancements in Special Education, inclusive practices, and relevant legislation to enhance teaching practices.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent teaching credentials.
- Possess prior experience working with Post-16 students with SEN, particularly those with Autism, PMLD, and Complex Needs.
- Familiarity with a variety of teaching strategies, resources, and assistive technologies suitable for addressing diverse needs.
- Strong grasp of inclusive education principles and experience implementing individualised learning plans.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to foster positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Demonstrate patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting the learning and development of students with SEN.
If you're passionate about working with Post-16 students with SEN and are dedicated to promoting their learning, independence, and well-being, it would be great to hear from you. Please get in touch and apply today!