A unique opportunity to be involved with the set up of a NEW school.
Job Title: Head Teacher - specialist independent ASC primary and secondary
Start Date: Sept 24 – School opening Jan 25
Location: Cricklewood, London
Overview: We are seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to serve as the Head Teacher for a newly opening specialist independent ASC primary and secondary school in Cricklewood, London. This is a unique opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping the vision, ethos, and educational direction of the school from its inception. The successful candidate will be involved in the pre-opening setup process, including strategic planning, curriculum development, and recruitment of staff, and will lead the school through its exciting journey of establishment and growth.
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and articulate a clear vision for the school, aligning with the values and aspirations of the community. Lead the strategic planning process to ensure the school’s long-term success and sustainability.
- Educational Leadership: Provide visionary leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the school’s curriculum, instructional programs, and assessment practices, ensuring high standards of teaching and learning.
- Staff Recruitment and Development: Recruit, select, and appoint high-calibre staff who share the school’s vision and values. Provide effective leadership and support for professional development to ensure the continuous growth and success of all staff members.
- Community Engagement: Foster positive relationships with students, parents, guardians, and community stakeholders, promoting an inclusive and supportive school culture. Actively engage with the local community to understand its needs and aspirations and ensure the school serves as a hub for educational excellence and community development.
- Financial Management: Develop and manage the school’s budget effectively, ensuring resources are allocated efficiently to support the delivery of high-quality education and the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Compliance and Governance: Ensure the school operates in compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and policies. Work closely with the governing body to provide regular reports and updates on the school’s performance, progress, and challenges.
- Facilities and Operations: Oversee the operational aspects of the school, including facilities management, health and safety, and other administrative functions, to create a safe, conducive, and enriching learning environment for students and staff.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and relevant postgraduate qualifications in education leadership and management.
- Proven experience as a successful school leader, preferably as a Head Teacher or Deputy Head Teacher, with a track record of driving educational improvement and achieving outstanding outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire teams, build positive relationships, and foster a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, with the ability to engage effectively with diverse stakeholders and communicate a compelling vision for the school.
- Strong understanding of educational policy, pedagogy, and best practices, with a commitment to promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion in education.
- Experience in school startup or transformation projects would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of the UK education system, particularly secondary education, and familiarity with relevant regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements.
PLEASE SEND US YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION