Are you looking for an opportunity to support the education of young people but do not have experience in school?
Smile Education, Northwest is now recruiting for a full-time Pastoral Support Role for a secondary school based in Oldham.
We pride ourselves on being education specialists and work incredibly closely with our schools to ensure we find you the best possible roles in school that will complement your style as a practitioner.
About the school:
- Valued Dignity, Love, Faith, Courage, and Vocation
- Received consistent and positive feedback from OFSTED:
‘The school has established an ethos in which staff and pupils are keen to be ‘‘better than they were yesterday’’. The staff are committed to increasing the breadth and ambition of the curriculum.’
What does the role involve?
- Make sure to treat every student and staff equally
- Extra supports are always provided to students who are struggling both academically and mentally
- Well-maintained facilities to allow students to continue developing and enjoy schools, for example, rock climbing walls, winter garden
- Offers a wide variety of subjects across the curriculum, for example, Life Skills, Photography and establishes a ‘curriculum map’ to better plan and support the learning of students
What do you need?
- Work alongside the Head of Year on all matters relating to the pastoral care of students
- Work with the safeguarding team to ensure students are safe in and beyond school
- Apply the PLS consistently and fairly across year groups
- Monitor behaviour and apply a range of intervention strategies where necessary to support both students and teachers
- Effective communication with parents /carers to offer support and personalised intervention strategies for students
Immediate start is available.
- Experiences in schools are NOT required!
- A valid education degree
- An enhanced DBS registered to the update service (If you do not hold this, we can arrange for you at a cost of £44, which is refundable once you have completed ten days in your new role.)
- Able and willing to travel to Oldham
- 2 education-based references
- A passion for supporting
- Good approach to behaviour management
- A determined, hard-working attitude
The school can offer you security with the role as it is a long-term position for at least 1 academic year.
Why work with Smile?
What are you waiting for?
- Have Been in the industry for over 10 years with a great market presence.
- Your own personal consultant, contactable for any inquiries or support.
- Offer you interview preparation as well as exclusive roles
- Competitive rates of weekly pay
- Regular opportunities to attend CPD sessions.
- Becoming part of an Award-winning Education Recruitment agency
Please contact for more information on the role or give Miranda a call at 0161 8434 839. Other locations:
We are currently recruiting for similar TA roles in other areas in East Manchester, such as Rochdale, Bury, Tameside, and Stockport. If you are interested, please contact for more information on those roles.
We are committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.