Are you a recent graduate looking for more opportunities to support the education of young people?
Smile Education, Northwest is now recruiting for a full-time graduate Cover Supervisor for a secondary school based in Oldham and the nearby areas in Ashton-Under-Lyne, Longsight, Westwood, Featherstall and Derker.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE PREVIOUS TEACHING OR SCHOOL EXPEREINCE!!!
We pride ourselves on being education specialists and work incredibly closely with our schools to ensure we find you the best possible roles in school that will complement your style as a practitioner.
About the school:
‘A well-run school. Leaders are ambitious for pupils. They are determined that pupils will do well, and they make this message clear to pupils, parents, carers, and staff. Pupils enjoy coming to school. They say they feel safe and confident to be themselves. Pupils understand and respect each other’s differences.’
- Valued Inclusion, Care and Inspire
- Positive and consistent feedback from OFSTED:
What does the role involve?
- Emphasise the equality of opportunity and the removal of barriers to participation and achievement
- Extended Services offered to the adult community in the local area
- Providing a wide variety of subjects across the curriculum, including the core subjects and the non-core subjects such as food study, design and technology
- Actively promoting the wellbeing of not only students but also the staff members in schools
What do you need?
- Supporting with general cover
- Responsible for carrying out pre-prepared and pre-planned exercises when teaching staff are on short-term absence
- Supervising pupils and ensuring they are engaged in the classwork
- Help pupils to become more independent in their learning and encourage pupils to interact.
Immediate start is available.
- AnyUndergraduate degree
- An enhanced DBS registered to the update service (If you do not hold this, we can arrange for you at a cost of £44, which is refundable once you have completed ten days in your new role.)
- Knowledge of the UK Secondary Curriculum and the subject
- Able and willing to travel to the area
- 2 education-based references
- A passion for teaching
- Good approach to behaviour management
- A determined, hard-working attitude
The school can offer you security with the role as it is a long-term position for at least 1 academic year.
Why work with Smile?
What are you waiting for?
- Have Been in the industry for over 10 years with a great market presence.
- Your own personal consultant, contactable for any inquiries or support.
- Offer you interview preparation as well as exclusive roles
- Competitive rates of weekly pay
- Regular opportunities to attend CPD sessions.
- Becoming part of an Award-winning Education Recruitment agency
Please contact for more information on the role or give Miranda a call on: 0161 8434 839.
We are committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.