If you are an experienced Tutor living in Derbyshire or the surrounding areas, who has worked with SEN pupils or is experienced at delivering intervention then we have a variety of 1:1 tuition roles that may be of interest to you
Benefits of this type of work include:
- Rewarding work where you can see direct progress both academically and socially
- Build up an excellent relationship with multi-disciplinary teams, foster carers and residential home staff
- Work flexibly on a sessional basis fitted around your availability
- Earn a premium rate per hour to incorporate time for planning and preparation
- Make a difference to some of the most hard to reach, disaffected pupils in the community
- Build up your portfolio of experience on your CV, implementing specialist SEN tuition
- Learn how to teach cross-curricular subjects rather than focussing on your subject specialism
- Opportunity to undertake regular, consistent and ongoing work
- Flexible and temporary placements that can fit around other part time roles
- Gain experience working and communicating directly with Local Authority staff
- Build networks with schools and alternative provisions as you support young people with their transition into education
To undertake this work, we are looking for candidates with the following:
- Experience of planning and delivering work
- Willingness to tutor cross-curricular subjects rather than one specific subject
- Experience with SEN pupils, in particular those in care settings
- Confidence to manage challenging behaviour and work with those who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
- Ability to work with young people who may be self-harmers, offering a supportive and nurturing approach
- Proven track record of helping to raise attainment for pupils at below age related expectations
- Experience and qualifications in either primary or secondary age groups
- Any experience in pastoral roles or delivering Life Skills
We are specifically looking for tutors in the Derby City, Burton on Trent and North Derbyshire area (Glossop, Bakewell, Belper, Alfreton).
Please click APPLY NOW and send an up to date CV.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.