Do you have a background in care or education or even both? We are looking for a driven individual to work in our Further Education College based in Bury. You will be supporting students aged 16+ with learning difficulties.
The college itself has specialist facilities and provides a spacious, calm and safe environment in which young people can thrive and learn.
The college caters for a range of student needs such as:
- Physical disabilities
- Sensory impairments
- Medical conditions
- Emotional support/mental health
- Specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia
- Academic /study skills support
- Literacy/numeracy/language support
- Supporting students with their learning
- Providing help with day to day tasks and navigation around the college
- Building rapport with students and staff
- Liaising with teaching staff and SENCo
- Working with external agencies
- PMLD experience
- TA experience
- Care background experience (not a necessity)
- DBS on the update service- Randstad can provide if candidate does not already hold one.
- A caring and nurturing nature
- A genuine care and interest in helping students succeed
- Extremely reliable and punctual.
Randstad is deeply committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all applicants, staff and volunteers to share this. Candidates who are short-listed for interview must ensure that references can be obtained by us prior to the interview. Please note this appointment is subject to enhanced DBS, medical and reference checks.
If you feel you are suited to this role, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information please call 0161 200 1904 to speak to Rebecca.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|
Jobs like this one
- 1:1 Teaching Assistant (Special Needs) Randstad Education Bolton £65 - £70 per day
- Learning Support Assistant in Bury Post 16 Randstad Education Bury £70 - £80 per day
- Immediate Start- PMLD SEN Teaching Assistant North Manchester- Randstad Education Bury £65 - £75 per day