Sports Coach Oldham
Are you a Sports Coach wanting to get into Education? Do you aspire to be a PE Teacher? Want the opportunity to progress?
A school in Manchester are looking for individuals who have a passion for both education and sports, combing both to help children who need it most. Someone who loves to challenge themselves and who can be a perfect role model for pupils who are going down the wrong path.
The school in question are in search for sports coaches to work with children who have challenging behaviours and social/emotional difficulties. Previous candidates who have been successful have a coaching or sports background but have gone on to do so much more in Education.
This role will be challenging but highly rewarding seeing the difference you are making to these young peoples lives.
You will work onsite and offsite as both a teaching assistant and sports/activity coordinator.
Furthermore the role requires that you can motivate and encourage the pupils to want to learn and want to progress their education, giving them a better chance in the future.
Within this environment you will be tasked with the following roles and responsibilities:
* Provide opportunities to progress academically, socially and emotionally
* Leading by example as a role model
* Leading sports and activity sessions
* Have an understanding of individuals personalities and needs
* Offer guidance and mentoring
* Have an understanding/interest in sports
* Provide a safe environment to learn
* Deal with any challenging or disruptive behaviour
* Offer advice and support
* Develop self confidence, positive self image and independence
* Fully compliant in safeguarding policies and procedures
This opportunity offers a unique experience in education, whether you are looking to get started in your career or you would like a change to your current role in education or childcare.
The environment of this SEMH School is unlike that of a mainstream school as it is much more nurturing, pastoral, student focused and personal, giving you the chance to really have an impact and create a relationship with the students.
Requirements for this role include:
* Experience working with children in any professional setting
* Experience working in care or with vulnerable people if you don't have the above
* Sports background
* Coaching badges preferred
* A strong personality
* A driving license is preferred but not a necessity
* A DBS on the update service is preferred but not a necessity
* Ability to attain a reference from working with children or care
The school offer a positive, friendly and supportive working environment to all of their employees as this is as an integral part to their success.
They are looking for someone to come in and really impress from the off, showing a genuine desire to help.
If you would like more information on this role please give me a call on 0161 200 1904 or email across your CV to email@example.com .
| ||Save Job||Share Job|