School Design Technology Technician
Design Technology Technician
We are currently recruiting for a temporary Design Technology Technician for a secondary school based in the South Ribble area near Chorley and Leyland. The role will require someone to start ASAP on a full time basis, initially temporary but could become permanent for the right person.
- The role will require support across all technologies, predominantly in resistant materials and product design, but you may be required to cover on occasion in other areas.
- You will need to prepare materials for practical lessons, support teaching staff and students in class with the use of all machinery. This will include saws and drills and also use of laser cutters and systems such as 2D design.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the maintenance of the machines is up to date.
- You will also ensure that Health and Safety requirements are met under the direction of the school.
- A strong knowledge of design technology and a genuine interest in the subject
- A qualification in any area of science
- Previous experience of working in a school for referencing purposes
- A patient approach towards working with children and adults alike
- The willingness to learn and train on the job
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- A strong work ethic, the ability to work as part of a team of technicians, and a professional attitude
- Dedicated consultants with experience working in education
- 24/7 on-call service
- Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- Recommend a friend bonus worth up to 300
- The flexibility to work when and where you want through our network of branches
Randstad Education are an Approved Partner of LASBM and we are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Lancashire. If this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, which may be a better match. All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility vetting including a DBS check.
If you feel you have the recent and relevant experience for this role and are looking for a new role ASAP, please send your CV now to email@example.com
| ||Save Job||Share Job|