School IT Technician
Randstad Education is currently working on behalf of a Liverpool primary school who require a school IT Technician to cover a permanent vacancy. The role is based within the school and is 35 hours per week, 7 hours per day varying start and finish times between 8am and 5.15pm, starting ASAP term-time only. The role is on a temporary basis ongoing but there may be opportunity in the future for a permanent role for the right candidate.
As school IT technician, you will be providing day to day technical, administrative assistance and IT support to teaching staff and students across the school.
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and to assist in securing this permanent job, you will benefit from a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist 'School Support Services' consultant. You will also have access to a branch with 24 hour on-call facility and the following:
- Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- Commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding
- 'Recommend a friend' bonus worth up to 300
- The flexibility to work when and where you want through our network of branches
- Being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Candidate of the Term'
You would need to be available to start as soon as possible, preferably with little or no notice period. This is a great opportunity to work as part of a committed team, reporting into the Business Manager and Headteacher, and providing a practical service to the staff and pupils of the school. Responsibilities would include:
- Providing general first line IT support to all staff, students and visitors to the school.
- Liaising with service providers on the maintenance, management and upgrades of hardware including workstations, laptops, servers, printers, projectors, interactive whiteboards, and assisting others with changes and implementation.
- Software installation, testing and troubleshooting, and liaising with external service delivery regarding updates and upgrades.
- Administration and management of subscribed websites, school website and social media accounts.
- Maintenance, cleaning and disposal of IT equipment including audio systems; relocation and storage of equipment where necessary.
- Ordering and installation of consumables and relevant H&S checks and testing.
- Other appropriate professional duties as prescribed by your line manager.
- Possess previous experience in a technical support or technician function, and excellent IT skills.
- Have a qualification in IT or have served an apprenticeship in a similar role.
- Experience of working with children or young people (paid or voluntary), for referencing purposes would be an advantage.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of specific technical, health and safety, and security issues in schools; knowledge of the current IT curriculum would also be an advantage.
- A patient approach towards working with children and adults alike.
- Awareness of dealing with sensitive information and confidentiality of data.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing, and able to work to deadlines.
- A strong work ethic, the ability to work flexibly as part of a team of technicians, and a professional attitude.
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN, and we now also have a dedicated section looking after school support roles such as technicians, administration and finance.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across the North West, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match. All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks. If you are suitable, an interview would be offered immediately with Randstad, followed by an interview at the school, before starting work in the school straight away if successful.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Catherine Stockford, your specialist Support Services consultant, via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the Liverpool branch of Randstad Education on 0151 255 1666.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|