Are you an upbeat positive individual who enjoys making a difference to young people's lives as a teaching assistant? Do you have experience working with children and young people in one to one and group situations, assisting those with additional needs to learn and achieve? Then don't delay and make an application to Randstad today!
On behalf of several mainstream secondary schools in Sefton Local Authority, we are looking for a teaching assistant to work on a day-to-day ad hoc basis, but this could lead to something more long-term in future. On most days the work is a full school day, but you may cover just for mornings or afternoons, the work can be flexible to suit your availability. The school SEND Co-ordinator at each school will typically manage a team of TAs and between you all you would move between classes around the school to ensure all pupils and groups who need support are engaged in lessons. This is a great opportunity to enhance your exposure to different schools, age ranges and pupils, and be excited by the prospect of an incredibly varied working week!
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
- Schools with a community environment and great leadership
- A dedicated, professional and friendly consultant to support you and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- Commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding, prevent duty, and 'Team Teach'
- 'Recommend a friend' bonus worth up to 300
- Being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Candidate of the Term'
Your responsibilities will be:
- Supporting children in a variety of mainstream classes and subjects on a 1:1 and group basis, enabling all student abilities to access the curriculum
- Collaborating as a team, working with children with additional learning needs, supporting the teaching staff to deliver high-quality lessons
- Managing children's behaviour effectively in line with the school's behaviour management policy
- Engaging with children and encouraging their development
- Ensuring safeguarding of children remains a priority, and promoting a caring and safe learning environment
As the successful teaching assistant you will have:
- Experience working with children aged 11-18; this can be from a school environment but we also encourage applications from people with backgrounds in youth and community work or mentoring and 1:1 tuition
- A qualification in supporting teaching and learning, childcare or a teaching assistant certification eg CACHE Level 3 or NVQ would be advantageous
- A strong work ethic and a professional attitude
- The motivation to achieve and add value to the schools you work in
- A caring and supportive nature to encourage the best out of the children you work with
Randstad Education is the UK market leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN. We now also have a dedicated section looking after school support roles such as technicians, administration and finance.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools. These can range from temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match. All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks including enhanced DBS and full referencing process.
We are open to receiving applications immediately and expect a large response so if you are interested please do not delay. Following a registration interview with your consultant here at Randstad Education, as the successful candidate you could expect an interview or trial day at the school, before being chosen to start soon after, or it may even be straight into an immediate start. Please email your CV to email@example.com or give the office a call on 0151 255 1666 and speak to Catherine Stockford, the specialist secondary education consultant for Sefton and West Lancs.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|