SIMS Data and Examinations Manager
Do you have experience of working in a school office in a senior administrative capacity? Are you fully conversant with SIMS and have experience of SISRA, as well as managing the whole examinations process? Randstad Education is currently recruiting for a SIMS Data and Examinations Manager on behalf of a Liverpool secondary school. This is a full-time temporary position to start in January 2019. Candidates MUST have previous experience of working in an educational establishment, as you will be expected to hit the ground running and deliver a high standard of work in a fast-paced environment.
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and to assist you during the recruitment process you will benefit from:
- a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist School Support Services consultant
- a branch with 24 hour on-call facility to handle queries
- competitive salary and benefits offers
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free training
- 'recommend a friend' bonus worth up to 300
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a committed and supportive school leadership team. Responsibilities would include:
- Development and maintenance of the School Information Management System (SIMS) maintaining data integrity
- Analysing data and producing reports on areas such as student progress, staff absence, academy data requirements and statutory returns for the Headteacher
- Being accountable for the quality of data systems (SIMS and SISRA) and the preparation of data for stakeholders including governors and parents
- Organisation and administration of all aspects of examinations, both internal and external, including access arrangements, managing a team of invigilators, preparing seating plans and liaising with exam boards
- Collaborating with colleagues across the whole school as well as key external partners, providing support to all staff on data management systems
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Excellent administrative and ICT skills, including attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task
- Experience using SIMS in a data related position in a school, local authority or education company, as well as experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel; knowledge of the SISRA system would be an advantage
- Proven people management experience in a senior level role
- Knowledge and experience of the examinations process
- Be able to reach deadlines under pressure, and prioritise workload
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- The ability to work with high levels of tact, confidentiality and discretion
- A patient approach towards working with children and adults alike
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN, and we now also have a dedicated section looking after School Support roles such as Technicians, Administration and Finance.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match. If your application is deemed to be suitable, an interview would be offered immediately, after which you would also attend an interview at the school if successful, before any offer of work was made. Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all applicants to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and UK eligibility checks, along with a full referencing process.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Catherine Stockford, your 'School Support Services' specialist, via email on email@example.com or telephone on 0151 255 1666 at the Liverpool branch of Randstad Education.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|