Speech & Language Teaching Assistant
Job DescriptionSPEECH AND LANGUAGE SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Protocol Education are looking for a Speech & Language Support Assistant to work with children across the school for a long-time role in a school in the Leicester City area. You must have the essential skills and qualifications to work and assist children with Autism. A degree in Speech, Language and Communication, would be beneficial.
The school is based in the heart of Leicester and has very good transfer links.
Good communication skills with children and their families are vital. Knowledge of working with children on the Autistic Spectrum and Global delay is critical.
You must possess:
- Good Numeracy/Literacy skills
- Degree in Speech, Language and Communication or relevant qualification
- Working with children of relevant age.
- Awareness of classroom/playground Health & Safety.
- Awareness of the need for privacy.
- Understanding of relevant procedures/codes of practice.
- Understanding of child development and learning.
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Work as part of a team, understanding classroom roles.
In return Protocol Education can offer;
- Local job opportunities with a dedicated consultant
- Access to professionally accredited training and courses including Cache Endorsed Learning Programmes (ELPs)
- In-branch workshops and seminars delivering skills and knowledge TAs need to be effective in the classroom and beyond
- Competitive Pay rates
- The peace of mind of working with a reputable and established company
If you feel you have the qualities and experience that Protocol are looking for, please reply to this add or send your updated CV and register online on www.protocol-education.com - 0116 216 2122
Protocol Education is a Supply Agency offering both long terms and short terms roles in Early Years, Primary, Secondary and Special Needs (SEND) Education. We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of 40.00.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|