Do you have a passion for helping children with special needs?
Are you looking to gain invaluable experience within a classroom environment?
Maybe you've always wanted to teach but don't have the qualifications or a way into teaching? If you have answered 'yes' to any of the above, you could be the teaching assistant we are looking for.
We are actively looking to recruit a SEN teaching assistant to work with children (3-7yrs) with behavioural needs, beginning asap.
This opportunity is based at an Ofsted 'good'-rated SEN school located within the county of Suffolk. With excellent support provided, the head teacher and SEN coordinator are looking for a dedicated, team-working teaching assistant to join the team!
Applicants MUST have experience in supporting children with EBD / SEMH needs, ideally within an educational setting. This role is ideally suited to a confident, dedicated and hardworking individual, preferably an experienced behaviour support TA, with an excellent grasp of Maths & English.
- Providing feedback to teacher on student's progress and development
- Creating a secure and positive classroom environment
- Supervising and monitoring behaviour
- Following the individual learning plans set by the teacher
- Understand the needs of each student and help them to develop skills through creative play
- Elements of care may be involved so prior experience is ideal but not essential
- Patience and flexibility to deal with changes
- Providing 1:1 behaviour support across different key stages
- A commutable location with links to all forms of public transport
- An excellent, well-resourced school site
- Dedicated, supportive staff and a great senior leadership team
- Excellent training & professional development opportunities
- 60-70 per day during term time
- Experience of working with special needs children is essential.
- Confident managing challenging behaviour in the classroom and using de-escalation techniques.
- 5 GCSE qualifications with grades A - C in English and Mathematics is a requirement.
- A childcare qualification that meets the requirements of the Early Years Qualifications List is desirable.
- Up to date DBS or the willingness to get one
- Experience of supporting children with behavioural issues
- Confidence, dedication and a hard-working ethos
- A team player mentality
For more information about this role or to apply, please contact Saffron on 01223 368836
| ||Save Job||Share Job|
- Modern Foreign Languages Teacher Randstad Education Blackpool £90 - £140 per day
- Locum Educational Psychologist for the West Midlands NonStop Recruitment West Midlands £400 - £450 per day
- Nursery Nurse for Baby Room in Camden Protocol Education London £19000 - £23000 per annum