Do you have an adaptable and flexible approach to working?
Can you provide a positive and safe atmosphere in the classroom?
Do you have a passion for working with SEN/ EBD?
This fabulous SEN school near Cowfold are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Learning Support Worker to change the lives of young adults with learning difficulties including Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). Your focus will be to help your students become effective communicators and independent individuals through the use of sensory and interactive techniques such as anger and anxiety management and independent living skills.
Benefits of working for Randstad:
- Advice and editing on your current CV
- Online e-learning training modules
- Great market knowledge to match you to your perfect role
- Dedicated consultant throughout your journey
- Career advice
- On call 24/7
- Team teach training
- Exclusive online services
- Access to all school facilities
- On-site parking
- CPD opportunities available for all staff
- Free hot meal
- On-site speech & language and occupational therapists
- Off-site activities such as horse-riding, swimming, shopping and park visits
- Opportunity to complete CABAS training
Your responsibilities will include:
- Interacting and participating with the students in the development of skills, supporting pupils to reach their potential for independence
- Supporting clients' participation in social, leisure, educational and employment opportunities within the local community
- Providing the support and care identified in students' individual learning plans
- Encouraging and enabling students to maintain acceptable levels of personal and environmental hygiene
- Participating in relevant training to achieve required qualifications and attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required
An ideal candidate may possess the following skills and capabilities:
- The desire to help others to enjoy learning and develop independence
- 5 GCSE's with minimum Grade C/ level 4 or equivalent, including maths and English Language
- Experience of working with adults or children with learning or communication difficulties
- Display honest, trustworthy & ethical behaviour at all times
- Own means of transport
If this sounds like the perfect role and you are ready for your next challenge, apply now as interviews are currently being held!
For more information about this role or to apply, please contact Emily Stokes on 01293 527416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If this isn't the right role for you, we have an array of positions in the Sussex, Surrey, Essex and Kent area which may also be of interest to you.
Randstad Education maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools. Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|