DT Teaching Assistant
Do you have a background in care or education or even both? We are looking for a driven individual to work in our Further Education College based in Bury, supporting students aged 16+ with learning difficulties.
We are looking for an LSA/TA who has a backround in working in an Arts/DT environment.
The college itself has specialist facilities and provides a spacious, calm and safe environment in which young people can thrive and learn.
The college caters for a range of students with physical disabilities, sensory impairments, medical conditions, emotional/mental health problems, Autism/Asperger's and specific learning difficulties including dyslexia, dyspraxia and/or dyscalculia. According to individuals' needs, they offer tailored assistance in the form of academic /study skills support and literacy/numeracy/language support.
- Supporting students with their learning
- Providing help with day-to-day tasks and navigation around the college
- Building rapport with students and staff
- Background in DT/Construction work/Art
- TA experience
- Care background experience (not a necessity)
- DBS on the update service- Randstad can provide if the candidate does not already hold one
- A caring and nurturing nature
- A genuine interest in helping students succeed
- Reliability and punctuality
- Career progression opportunities
- A holistic and inclusive approach to teaching
- Supportive management
Randstad is deeply committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all applicants, staff and volunteers to share this perspective. Candidates who are short-listed for interview must ensure that references can be obtained by us prior to the interview. Please note this appointment is subject to enhanced DBS, medical and reference checks.
If you feel you are suited to this role, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information please call 0161 200 1904 to speak to Rebecca.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|