** No Previous Experience Necessary **
Do you wish to enhance your school based experience? Do you have a patient and resilient personality? Can you deal with challenging behaviour?
A Wirral based school seek to appoint a Youth Worker to support their secondary Pupil Referral Unit pupils here have been excluded from mainstream school, have emotional, behavioural needs, attendance or truanting issues.
This is a 'Good' rated school who support and value their staff and relationships with their students, a nurturing environment whilst being able to provide firm boundaries for students.
The school provide training opportunities with access to accredited Team Teach training and Safeguarding which will be beneficial in supporting needs of pupils and furthering your career in education. This role will span for academic year with the view to take the successful candidate onto a permanent contract.
- This will be supporting students with social, emotional, mental health needs across secondary ages providing classroom support as well as home support if needed
- You will also be required to provide 1:1 support with any emotional issues, and supporting if pupils are behind with their work
- Completing progress reports on pupils progress
- Teaching assistant specification:
- Experience and understanding of how to support young people with social, emotional, mental health needs
- Flexible in being able to provide 1:1, group support or home tuition as required
- Deal with any challenging behaviours or incidents in a calm manner
- Available to start immediately in September
- Experience of working in a school essential
- A resilient, patient nature
- Available from September
Randstad Education is committed to Safer Recruitment which means any job application is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references in addition to any other safeguarding checks required.
To discuss in more detail, please contact Neil McFadden at the Liverpool office or click "Apply Now"
| ||Save Job||Share Job|