Are you experienced in caretaker/maintenance worker and would like a pivotal role in your local community? Do you have experience of being a keyholder and relish the responsibility and challenge this can bring?
We require a caretaker on behalf of a Primary school in Liverpool. This exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to work on a temporary basis for 4 weeks with potential to continue further, this role is covering for a sickness absence. The hours will be split shifts 7am - 11pm and 3pm -6pm and you will need to be available to start in September.
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
- a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist consultant with a 24 hour on-call facility
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- access to Free CPD course and Safeguarding Training
- 'recommend a friend' bonus worth up to 300
- flexible hours and working patterns
- Locking or unlocking of the school as required and ensuring general security of the site
- Routine maintenance of school buildings and grounds by undertaking minor repair work, for example changing light bulbs, erecting shelves, painting and redecorating, or minor plumbing
- Cleaning duties including litter, bins and toilets
- Occasional moving of heavy objects for example stock, furniture or equipment
- Overseeing of external contractors visiting the school site
- Support the school policies and procedures, for example relating to child safeguarding and data protection, and contributing to the school ethos as a whole
- Previous experience of working in a similarly responsible site role, preferably within a school
- Ability to relate well to children and adults alike
- Knowledge of COSHH regulations and safe storage of materials
- Basic Health & Safety knowledge, and willingness to adhere to the Code of Safe Working Practice (COSWP) for Caretaking and Premises Staff
- A background in plumbing, woodwork or general 'handy-work' or DIY would be advantageous
- The willingness to learn and train on the job
- A strong work ethic, the ability to work as part of a team, and a professional and proactive attitude
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks, including enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and full referencing process, and the cost of any new police check (DBS) required will be met by the candidate. If you are suitable, an interview would be offered immediately and you could start working in the school soon after.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Heidi McGreary, via email Heidi.email@example.com or telephone 0151 255 1666 at the Liverpool branch of Randstad Education.
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN, and we now also have a dedicated section looking after School Support roles such as Catering, Technicians, Administration and Finance.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|