SEN Teaching Assistant
Do you have experience supporting children with challenging behaviour?
Do you have experience working with children from difficult backgrounds?
Do you want to make a positive difference to a child's well-being and development?
If so then this is the job for you!
An established PRU (pupil referral unit) school based in Runcorn are looking for a behaviour mentor/LSA for an ASAP start to work with pupils with SEMH, challenging behaviour, ADHD, autism and additional needs to start in September 2019. This will start off on a temporary basis but will lead to a permanent contract for the right person.
A lot of these students have a challenging background and are in need of some significant support to help grow their self esteem and confidence.
- The SEN school prides itself on creating a nurturing and stimulating environment.
- They are looking for someone to be committed and enthusiastic in order to establish positive relationships with students and offer support to regulate their feelings.
- It is incredibly key to maintain high expectations of students to access their learning and ensure all tasks are completed to a high standard.
- Have previous reference-able experience of working in a similar role, particularly within a Primary/Secondary School environment
- Be a driven and enthusiastic individual
- Be passionate about the education of children
- Have previous experience of working with SEN
- Have an excellent knowledge of child safeguarding and protection procedures and the UK National Curriculum
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be fluent in English
- Highly dedicated consultant with an honest, positive and trustworthy approach that matches you to the right school
- 24hr on-call facility
- Very competitive rates of pay with no hidden deductions
- A refer a friend scheme of 300
With Randstad there are many CPD opportunities - including the opportunity to become Team Teach Trained!
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN, and we now also have a dedicated section looking after School Support roles such as Technicians, Administration and Finance.
What next? We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match. All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks.
To discuss this role or others we may have in store for you in more detail, please contact Neil at the Liverpool branch. If you are interested in this position, please don't hesitate and apply today!
| ||Save Job||Share Job|