Head of Science
Are you periodically assessing your next promotion?
Do you have your ION a head of department position?
Are you ready to get up and atom?
It's time to take control of the elements by clicking 'apply now'
A growing independent school in a rural area of Surrey is seeking a committed Science teacher who demonstrates excellent leadership skills and has the knowledge and ability to lead a Science department. The school is absolutely stunning and undergoing some really exciting changes. The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing the introduction of GCSE's to their new cohort as well as the responsibility of helping to design a brand new Science lab!
You do not necessarily need to be in a head of department position but do need to have the ambition and knowledge to really hit the ground running.
In the role you will benefit from:
* Excellent opportunity to take the step into department leadership
* A competitive Salary reflective of your leadership responsibility
* Working in a fantastic setting with some gifted pupils
* On-site parking and access to leisure facilities
* The opportunity to facilitate an exciting change within the school and really make an impact
Your responsibilities will include:
* Preparing lessons in line with the curriculum
* Delivery of Biology, Chemistry and Physics lessons up to GCSE level
* Setting challenging homework which effectively links the lessons
* Marking and providing effective feedback on completed work
* Managing classroom behaviour
* Ensuring the safety and safeguarding of children
* Attendance at school events such as parents evening
* Meetings and working with other heads of department to discuss progress
* Management of the Science department
Key requirements for the position include:
* A clear and up-to-date enhanced DBS check (we can support you with your application)
* QTS is desirable but not essential, NQT applications are warmly welcomed
* Experience of teaching Physics, Chemistry & Biology
* A degree and a relevant teaching qualification
* Evidence of the right to work in the UK
If this fantastic opportunity to join a great team appeals to you we will look forward to receiving your application. On receipt of your application and CV you will be contacted by one of our dedicated consultants and invited for interview where we will further outline the details of the role and support you with the documentation required to be successful in your application.
If this is not the role for you but you would be interested in something similar then we have many other roles currently available and upcoming so do still get in touch!
| ||Save Job||Share Job|