Assessment Group Manager
Vacancy has expired
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced assessment professional to join our senior management team within Cambridge International’s Assessment Division. You will lead a team of Assessment Managers and your role will be to ensure the team meets business objectives associated with the development and delivery of a range of syllabuses, assessment materials and associated materials that meet the needs of our International customers and conform to Cambridge International’s assessment standards. The subjects managed within the team are the following: English Language and Literature, Linguistics and Media Studies. You will also take responsibility for your own group of syllabuses.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Qualifications, and working closely with other Divisions in Cambridge International Examinations, you will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing the work of the team on syllabuses, assessment materials, support materials and all assessment processes to ensure they are carried out to a high standard of quality; manage the syllabuses and delivery of the assessment materials allocated to them (GMs manage an appropriate number so as to allow for management responsibilities).
- Reviewing procedures and schedules and implementing them to ensure the effective operation of assessment processes which meet Cambridge International’s Code of Practice and relevant regulatory bodies in the UK and elsewhere. Activities span a number of simultaneous but different cycles covering the appointment and training of assessment personnel, overseeing examining through to the award of grades and certification and the resolution of results enquiries.
- In consultation with the Test Production team, planning and reviewing processes for the delivery of assessment material and overseeing its production to ensure a high degree of accuracy and adherence to schedules.
- In conjunction with the Development Division, undertaking regular strategic reviews of the team’s syllabus portfolio and contributing to Cambridge International’s development strategy; developing, reviewing/sampling syllabuses and support materials to ensure they are developed to the highest quality and to timescales specified.
- Developing and maintaining close working partnerships with specific overseas partners, including provision of expert consultancy and ongoing collaboration across the life of projects that are complex and long term. These will include very senior people including Ministers, under Secretaries and Chief Executive Officers of National Examination Boards.
- Monitoring expenditure against budgets and live costs and contributing to setting an appropriate divisional budget reflecting business objectives and operational needs The Group Manager is expected to be proactive in controlling and reducing costs.
- Undertaking specific divisional or cross-divisional tasks. Initiating, planning, consulting on and managing process change, project managing specific developments; taking part in process improvement and other projects.
What we’re looking for
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject area as indicated
- Knowledge of assessment in education
- Commercial awareness, understanding of cost and budget control
- Knowledge of international education for 14-18 year olds
- Post-graduate qualification in educational assessment, management or project management
- Teaching qualifications
- Strong track record of effective ‘people’ skills including management, motivation and negotiation.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Team player
- Highly proactive
- Ability to self-manage
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to work with basic statistics/ data handling and interpretation
- Able to engage with technology and basic IT
- Extensive project management experience and/or teaching experience at senior level.
- People and process management and recruitment
- Working to quality standards
- Public speaking
- Financial Management desirable
- Can-do and proactive
- Appropriate judgement on decisions essential
- Collaborative, open and takes responsibility
- Open to change
- Meticulous approach; following procedures is essential
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
This is an excellent opportunity for progression within the organisation. You will be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 03/06/2019 and interviews will be held on 14/06/2019.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
|Save Job||Share Job|