Are you experienced in maintenance work or building management?
Would you like a pivotal role in your local community?
Do you have experience of being a keyholder, and relish the responsibility this entails?
A role as a school caretaker in Accrington might be worth considering!
At Randstad Education, we are recruiting for a caretaker on behalf of a Primary School in Accrington. This exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to work initially on a temporary basis, with the opportunity to apply permanently.
The position is ongoing from 7th May, Monday to Friday.
The hours will be 6 hours 15 mins per day, covering 6.00-9.15am & 15.00-18.00pm.
This is a great opportunity to assist in ensuring the school site is in a clean, tidy and presentable condition at all times and that it provides a safe and secure environment for students, staff, parents and visitors. You will be expected to liaise with staff across the school and provide assistance as problems arise.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Previous experience of working in a similarly responsible site role, preferably within a school
- An ability to relate well to children and adults alike
- A background in general 'handy-work' or DIY (advantageous)
- A willingness to learn and train on the job
- A strong work ethic, the ability to work as part of a team, and a professional and proactive attitude
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a prestigious school in a beautiful area of the town. Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Lancashire and as a reward for your hard work and commitment to Randstad you will also benefit from:
- A dedicated, professional and friendly specialist School Support Services consultant
- A branch with 24-hour on-call facilities
- Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- A 'recommend a friend' bonus worth up to 300
- The flexibility to work when and where you want through our network of branches
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Preston branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN, and we now also have a dedicated section looking after School Support roles such as Caretakers, Administrators and Technicians.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Lancashire and Blackpool, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match. All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks, including enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and full referencing process. If you are suitable, an interview at our Preston city centre office would be offered immediately and you could start working in the school soon after.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Rio Fitzgerald, your specialist Support Services consultant, via email on email@example.com or telephone at the Preston branch of Randstad Education on 01772 259966 Option 4.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|