Head of House - Pastoral care
Do you enjoy working in an Educational setting, but want to move away from front-line teaching?
Do you passionately care about the welfare of your students and want to work more closely providing pastoral support? Well, read on as we have the perfect role for you!!!
I have a rare and exciting opportunity for an inspirational and motivated individual to join a very dedicated and passionate team working pro-actively with students to enable them to access high quality learning successfully and maximise their potential.
You will support the attendance, well-being and achievement of students by providing high quality pro-active pastoral support for students through liaison with staff, parents, and outside agencies.
This varied and highly responsible role is dedicated to ensuring students overcome any barriers to learning. The Student Support team deal with a wide variety issues from friendship problems and bullying to child protection and attendance related issues. The team works with colleagues and students on the emotional, behavioural, social and learning needs of students in order to assist them to maximise their potential.
* To support procedures relating to student intervention and vulnerable students
* To monitor the learning and progress of students, liaising with Raising Achievement Leaders/Subject Team Leaders as appropriate
* To liaise with the Leadership Team, Raising Achievement Leaders, Subject Team Leaders, Tutors, subject teachers, Inclusion staff, Learning Support team and a range of outside agencies to develop support for students
* To monitor recording and reporting procedures and the associated documentation as required by the Schools Behaviour for Learning guidelines
* To undertake the monitoring and evaluation of student tracking and intervention
* To take an important role in and ensure the commitment to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children and young people
* To establish close working relationships with parents/carers
* To contribute to and co-ordinate specialist support where required, including attending Looked After Child reviews, Strategy Meetings and Child In Need plans
* To understand barriers to learning and support learners to overcome these by developing innovative practice and delivering a consistently outstanding service
* To maintain accurate records of all interventions and student information regarding student safeguarding and welfare
* To deliver exceptional pastoral care and support
* To adopt an ethos of positivity through a culture of reward and celebration
Key requirements for this position include:
* DBS on update service or be willing to undertake a new one
* Relevant qualifications eg PGCE or B.Ed.
* QTS is desirable
* Previous pastoral experience desirable
* Strong commitment and a positive attitude to the role and objectives
If this opportunity to join a great team appeals to you we will look forward to receiving your application. On receipt of your application and CV you will be contacted by one of our dedicated consultants and invited for interview where we will further outline the details of the role and support you with the documentation required to be successful in your application.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|