SEN Teaching Assistant
Are you a strong Teaching Assistant with a passion for working with challenging behaviour?
Are you looking for a new opportunity to really test your skills?
You will be working with children in a classroom environment.
I am recruiting for a fantastic school in the Preston area that are looking for a 1:1 Teaching Assistant to support a challenging male year eight pupil.
* Work in a challenging environment to enhance your skills.
* Supportive SLT who will ensure you understand the job role and you feel comfortable within the school setting.
* Work within an ethos that is passionate about young people achieving their best irrespective of social, economic, ethnic, or other backgrounds.
* Competitive rates of pay.
* CPD opportunities.
* Holidays as per the school.
* A rewarding yet challenging role.
The child is a year eight male who displays challenging behaviour, so this role would be suited to someone who would be able to handle this appropriately.
The right candidate would aid the pupil to learn as effectively as possible both in group situations and on their own, for example:
* Clarifying and explaining instructions.
* Ensuring the pupil is able to use equipment and materials provided.
* Motivating and encouraging the pupil as required by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to pupil needs.
* Assisting in weaker areas i.e. Speech and language, reading, spelling, numeracy.
* Using praise, commentary and assistance to encourage the pupil to concentrate and stay on task.
* Consistently and effectively implementing agreed behaviour management strategies.
* Helping to make appropriate resources to support the pupil.
* To establish supportive relationships with the pupil concerned.
* To promote the acceptance and inclusion of the pupil with SEN, encouraging pupils to interact with each other in an appropriate and acceptable manner.
* Monitor the pupil's response to the learning activities and, where appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the teacher to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
* To give positive encouragement, feedback and praise to reinforce and sustain the pupil's efforts to develop self-esteem.
* Supporting the pupil to develop social skills both in and out of the classroom.
* When working with a group of pupils understand and use group dynamics to promote group effectiveness and support both group and individual performance.
* Where appropriate, know how to and apply positive handling techniques.
* Ideally Team Teach trained - this is not essential but desirable.
* Experience supporting on a 1:1 basis previously.
* Able to identify and de-escalate situations as and when they arise.
* Confident in the ability to assist effectively.
* Communicate well with parents, teachers and other influences.
* Able to adapt to the learning style of the pupil.
* Demonstrate a creative and engaging learning path for pupil.
Randstad are committed to the safeguarding of children and your application will only be successful alongside appropriate referencing and an enhanced DBS check.
Does this sound like the ideal next challenge for you? Are you interested in applying?
Please contact Mark in the Preston office today on 01772 259966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how you could be put forward for this fantastic role.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|