Research Associate, Senior - Pathology
Job DescriptionDepartment: 240500 - Pathology
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Ph.D. degree with major coursework in field of assignment and no experience required.
Master's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and five (5) years laboratory experience, including at least two (2) years at level of Research Associate or equivalent.
Bachelor's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and six (6) years laboratory experience, including at least two (2) years at level of Research Associate or equivalent.
* Organizes laboratory to which assigned; determines work assignments of subordinates, advising them as to techniques, procedures, and equipment to be utilized in solution of work problems; and reviews completed work for professional quality and attainment of desired results.
* Compiles and evaluates research data; develops new or revised techniques and procedures based upon such data.
* Performs or supervises design, development, or adaptation of equipment or apparatus used in research experiments to obtain desired results.
* Compiles and analyzes results of research assignments, and submits to principal investigator.
* Instructs medical students, graduate students, residents, and other laboratory personnel of lower grade with respect to techniques, procedures, and equipment utilized in research or experiments.
* Confers with industrial, governmental, or other professional groups with respect to progress or results of research assignment.
* Assists principal investigator and other professional personnel in preparation of reports and papers for publication, usually exercising responsibility for writing of particular segment or phase of report or paper.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|