Vacancy has expired
£21,057 pro-rata, £17,797 actual salary
37 hours per week, term time only
‘This is now an Academy which has successfully established a vision of high expectations for all students. Staff share this vision and students are now proud to belong to Four Dwellings’ Ofsted 2015
Four Dwellings Academy was the highest achieving Academy in the AET group in 2016 with a progress score of 0.4
Four Dwellings Academy is an 11-16 learning community and proud to be part of Academies Enterprise Trust family of schools. We serve a diverse range of communities across Birmingham and we are very much part of the community we serve.
Our students are at the heart of everything we do, and we challenge and support them to achieve their full potential. 37% of our pupils are EAL learners and you will be joining a truly inclusive learning environment. You will find our students to be engaging and ready to learn – all we need is you!
To aid this, we are currently seeking to appoint into the important post of Science Technician to join our hardworking and committed team.
The team are enthusiastic advocates of learning for all and students enjoy their lessons and engage positively with their learning as a consequence. As our new Science Technician we will nurture, support and challenge you in your career. By working closely with the Science team and support staff across the Academy we will encourage you to continue to develop your skills.
• Be able to offer invaluable practical and administrative support to teaching staff to support Science lessons.
• Ideally have experience of working in a school environment and be aware of the Health and Safety involved in the role or be a graduate with considerable laboratory experience looking to enter into work in education.
• Have good numeracy and Literacy skills with a miminum C grade at GCSE in English/Maths/Science.
We can offer:
• Students who will make you proud to work in the education profession.
• An Academy where you will get to know each and every student and make a difference to their lives and education.
• A commitment to develop your skills and experiences through tailored and effective CPD.
• A culture of reflection and determination to make Four Dwellings the best Academy in Birmingham.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of the AET academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be offered membership of a Health Cash Plan, Vehicle Affinity Scheme, Cycle2work, Childcare Vouchers and Westfield Rewards.
This post is required to start ideally in January 2017. Interviews are scheduled for Thursday 12 January 2017.
Closing date: Monday 9 January 2016.
For further information or to make an appointment for a tour of the Academy please call Jade Burton on 0121 566 6658.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-school/initial-teacher-training for further details.
|Save Job||Share Job|