French and Spanish Teacher
Job DescriptionTeacher of French and Spanish
Position: Permanent, full-time
Start Date: February 2018
Annual Salary: WLFS main pay scale
The West London Free School aims to provide all pupils, no matter what their background, with a classical liberal education. We have a distinctive school culture built on a passion for bringing rich, demanding and inspiring knowledge to pupils of all abilities. We treasure the subject knowledge of staff, we value their passion for continuing to grow as subject-specialists and we support their subject-specific development. We do not believe in a one-size-fits-all approach to teaching across the whole curriculum. Subjects differ in important ways. We do not jump on the latest educational trend, embrace gimmicks or impose generic pedagogies. You will never be asked to develop a growth mindset' or to use Blooms taxonomy. There is a firm and fair approach to behaviour, systematically supported by senior staff: all pupil detentions are centralised and run by senior staff every day. Teachers are therefore able to prioritise the planning and teaching of subject knowledge. School leaders walk the talk: we all teach, love our subjects, understand workload pressures and are highly visible around school. We offer a range of employment benefits including interest-free season ticket loans and subsidised staff lunches.
Our core belief is that every child is entitled to a classical liberal education, no matter what their background or ability. We place a heavy emphasis on the acquisition of core knowledge through the study of traditional subjects. Our pupils in each year group are enthusiastic and making excellent progress in French and Spanish.
Key characteristics of the role include:
* To be a model of excellent practice, maintaining a clear focus on the outstanding delivery of French and Spanish to pupils.
* To stimulate and encourage pupils to a high standard of interest and work in the subject, ensuring that the needs of the individual are met.
* To assist the Head of Department in the implementation of schemes of work for Key Stage 3 to 5, and to monitor their subsequent effectiveness.
* To monitor the progress of students according to the department and school assessment policy and to advise on set changes.
* To show a commitment to enhancing the quality of teaching and learning in the department by taking part in sharing resources, collaborative teaching, mentoring and active participation in continuing professional development.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
* The ability to teach French and Spanish from Key Stage 3, 4 and preferably KS5, and be able to teach all ability ranges including SEN with excellent classroom management skills.
* A passion for French and Spanish and exceptional subject knowledge, including an understanding of the requirements of the new GCSE.
* Excellent team working skills.
* An interest in taking part and/or organising educational trips and in-house language activities that promote a love of learning languages.
* Effective and efficient communication skills with both pupils and staff.
* An understanding and commitment to the ethos of the school.
The West London Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you wish to apply, please complete and return the attached application form with a covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the West London Free School, Palingswick House, 241 King Street, Hammersmith, W6 9LP.
Interested? Don't hesitate! Click "apply" now.
Application deadline: 19th January 2018.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|
- Personal Care Support Assistant Northampton College Northampton £16,318–£17,220 pro rata, actual salary £11,877-£12,532 per annum
- French Teacher required ASAP in Calderdale Servoca Plc Halifax £117 - £160 per day
- Construction Assessor required Immediate Start Academics Barnsley £130 - £160 per annum