Humanities Librarian - University Libraries
Job DescriptionWest Virginia University Libraries is seek applications and nominations for a Humanities Librarian to join the research services team in the Downtown Campus Library. We are looking for an energetic, innovative, and adaptable librarian to actively engage with faculty, students and staff in disciplines in the humanities, with particular emphasis on history and English. The librarian will develop strong collaborative relationships and serve as an authoritative resource for research and teaching support. They will design and deliver creative and responsive library services and programs in their assigned disciplines, and they will collaborate with colleagues within the libraries and with campus partners to plan and implement library initiatives that advance the goals of the WVU campus community.
We welcome beginning or early career librarians and will fill this position at the rank of Staff Librarian or Assistant University Librarian. Rank and salary are dependent upon post-MLS experience and credentials.
Librarians at WVU hold non-tenured faculty appointments, and a record of job performance, professional development/research, and service is required for reappointment and promotion in rank. All librarians are members of the Library Faculty Assembly and participate in the professional life of this organization.
* ALA accredited Master's degree
* Knowledge of emerging research service trends
* Strong commitment to user services
* Ability to support research and information needs in collaboration with faculty, staff, and students
* Excellent presentation and technology skills for effective teaching
* Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
* Degree or experience in a field appropriate to the position
* Experience with cutting-edge technologies and their applications in libraries and higher education
Review of applications will begin on January 31, 2018 and will remain open until filled. Applicants must include a curriculum vita, letter of interest and the contact information for three professional references.
Requirement: Background check
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and Veterans.
Associated topics: academic, classroom dynamics, curriculum, education, education research, educational research, learning, librarian, student, teacher training
| ||Save Job||Share Job|
- French Teacher required ASAP in Calderdale Servoca Plc Halifax £117 - £160 per day
- Personal Care Support Assistant Northampton College Northampton £16,318–£17,220 pro rata, actual salary £11,877-£12,532 per annum
- Welsh Secondary School Teacher Academics Cardiff £90 - £95 per day