Applicant Pool: Social Worker: Special Education (2017/2018 SY)
Job DescriptionAPPLICANT POOL: SOCIAL WORKER: SPECIAL EDUCATION (2017/2018 SY)
CLOSING DATE:04/30/2018 04:00 PM
LOCATION:093:SPECIAL EDUCATION DEP
POSITION TITLE:APPLICANT POOL: SOCIAL WORKER: SPECIAL EDUCATION (2017/2018 SY)
To assist students, families, and schools in the reduction of social, emotional and environmental barriers to learning.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
* Follows methods of school social work practice appropriate to identified concerns, including direct services, collaboration/consultation, and program development.
* Provides direct services including School Social Work assessments, crisis intervention, group, individual and family counseling/interventions and information/ referral to mobilize resources and services.
* Serves as home-school-community liaison.
* Develops and maintains relationships in partnership with other school personnel, community agencies, students and their families.
* Participates in multi-disciplinary team meetings relating to the educational planning and progress of students in Special Education.
* Ensures parent participation in the student's educational placement through home visits and other outreach activities.
* Establishes and maintains communication with parents regarding student academic, social/emotional and behavioral progress.
* Consults and shares information with teachers, administrators and other school personnel.
* Assists in developing positive behavioral supports and interventions strategies for students.
* Participates in the development and delivery of in-service programs for school, District staff, and the community.
* Provides case management services to support and optimize student success in the educational setting.
* Assesses the quality and effectiveness of school social work services and provides documentation, as necessary.
* Accesses clinical social work consultation and support from an LISW level 3 school social worker.
* Complies with the Code of Ethics and Standards for School Social Work Services from the National Association of Social Workers.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
* Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
* Interpersonal skills with diverse populations and ability to practice in a culturally competent manner in-person and on the telephone.
* Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and coordinate the work of others.
* Knowledge of District policies on immunization, medication, first aid, emergencies and child abuse/neglect.
* Knowledge of school community, needs of student populations, and Special Education laws and regulations.
* Knowledge and application of a strengths based systems approach.
* Master's degree in Social Work from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
* Valid New Mexico State Board of Education license in Social Work 601.
* Valid and active New Mexico Board of Social Work Examiners license.
Please contact: Bernadette Lucero-Turner at ...@aps.edu
APPLY ONLINE: WWW.APS.EDU, APS Jobs, Certified Application.
In addition to providing supporting documents to meet the position requirements, you must also submit an updated cover letter & resume.
SALARY:Salary Schedule A
Associated topics: art, college, gs 1702, lecturer, paraeducator, professor, school superintendent, special education, substitute teacher, trainer
| ||Save Job||Share Job|