Graduate Teaching Assistant (SEN)
Graduate Teaching Assistant - SEN - Lambeth, South East London
An established and supportive secondary school in Lambeth are looking for a Graduate Teaching Assistant to work in their SEN department on an ongoing temporary basis. The school is open to making this Graduate Teaching Assistant position permanent and also have their own Initial Teacher Training programme, which you would be considered for after proving yourself as a Teaching Assistant.
Previous experience as a Teaching Assistant is essential, particularly with some experience working with Special Educational Needs in some capacity. TIt is important that you are able to build a rapport with the pupils in your capacity as a Graduate Teaching Assistant and you will have to show good subject knowledge in your interview for at least one subject in the curriculum (Humanities, English, Maths, Science, Computing, MFL).
As a large school with an impressive local presence and a fantastic network, there are multiple progression and professional development opportunities available should you impress as a Teaching Assistant.
The responsibilities of a Graduate Teaching Assistant include:
- Supporting lower achieving students in order to bring their subject knowledge up to the expected level
- Ensuring that gifted & talented students are stretched with extension tasks to further their knowledge and engagement
- Assisting the teacher with individual learning plans, classroom displays, etc.
- providing SEN support
- Intervention teaching (small groups of pupils)
- 1-on-1 academic support when required
Please apply now to find out more about the school and the role.
| ||Save Job||Share Job|