£10 per hour + pension
Temporary | Full Time
Do you want to make a difference to lives of children and young people with Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties?
Teaching Personnel are currently working alongside a Pupil Referral Unit in Christchurch to recruit a passionate Teaching Assistant to work with children and young people with challenging behaviour due to SEMH and other learning difficulties, working on a full time basis, to start ASAP! If this role interests you – please apply NOW!
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will be working with students in classes between 5-8 students, accompanied by a Teacher and another Support Assistants. You will be working with children and young people who are not able attend mainstream education for multiple reasons, such as:
- Children in Looked After Care
- Speech and language difficulties
- Physical and mental health issues, disabilities and learning difficulties
The candidate must have:
- Some experience working with children and young people, it is desierable if you have experience working with children who display challenging behaviour
- Experience working in a school would be advantageous
- The school would also consider candidates from youth work backgrounds, or similar roles
This role demands motivation, passion, patience and the ability to emotionally support children who are from vulnerable backgrounds and situations. The successful candidate will benefit from a Team-Teach qualification, which can be offered by Teaching Personnel in an upcoming training course, should you not already be trained.
Teaching Personnel can offer Behaviour Support Assistant’s:
- Competitive pay rates of £275-£350 per week, however long term rates can be negotiated on your behalf
- Access to unique CPD opportunities to increase your qualifications and knowledge of the field such as: Autism Awareness, Safeguarding, Behaviour That Challenges and more
- An experienced Consultant along with our dedicated on call service
If you are interested in this role please apply today! We look forward to hearing from you soon!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.