£14.5k - 18k per year
Temporary | Full Time
Ofsted graded 'GOOD' school in St Helens
Pupils here have all experienced previous severe disruption to their education because of their behavioural, emotional and social difficulties. Almost all arrive showing educational standards well below those expected for their age.
The role is a 1:1 behaviour support role for a Year 7 child who has social and emotional difficulties
Our partner school situated in St Helens has expressed the need to expand their team to provide the best support for their pupils.
This Ofsted 'GOOD' pupil referral unit are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced, Team-Teach trained behaviour support assistant to join their team on a temporary basis to support a child on a 1:1 basis.
The ideal behaviour support assistant will -
* Have experience of working with or caring for children of a relevant age
* Have numeracy/literacy skills (at a level equivalent to NQF Level 2)
* Have an understanding of the role of the Teaching Assistant and other professionals working in the classroom
* Have an understanding of national/foundation stage curriculum and other basic learning programmes/strategies
* Have an accredited Team-Teach qualification (Teaching Personnel can offer this training)
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please call the Liverpool of Teaching Personnel. Alternatively you can apply online at Http://www.teachingpersonnel.com/register/
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.