£10 - 11 per hour
Temporary | Full Time
Early Years Teaching Assistant
Teaching Personnel are currently working with a Mainstream Catholic Primary School in central Liverpool, who are looking for an experienced Early Years Teaching Assistant to start on a full time basis from September 2020.
This full time position will involve working alongside a large early years department in both Nursery and Reception. You will be heavily involved in the maintenance of their student's development reports, including working with the SENCO. As the classes primarily work on a free flow basis you will be required to conduct group based activities, working on topics such as phonics, letters and sounds and shapes. You will be required to provide feedback to parents, carers and other members of staff especially for parents evening updates.
To thrive in the role, it’s essential that you have:
- A positive, caring, energetic, can-do attitude
- An understanding of safeguarding children
- A genuine interest in aiding children’s development
- 1:1 support with pupils or small groups
- Supporting the whole class
- Assisting the class teacher
- Communicating with parents
- Caring and looking after children during break times and lunch times
- Supervising children during activities
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Motivating children and being an excellent role model
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply ASAP with your CV for immediate consideration. If you are also interested in other similar roles, please do visit our website to enquire further.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.