With COVID-19 responsible for school closures, we look ahead to recruting both teachers and support staff for the new academic year in September.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Spanish teacher to join the MFL department at a school in Tameside.
- The school is looking for an individual who is competent in the delivery of high quality lessons, and holds prior experience in the successful delivery of such lessons within a secondary school.
- The required applicant will hold QTS - a degree in Spanish is exceptionally desirable.
- Proficiency in the teaching of another MFL subject is also highly advantageous.
The applicant will also be able to:
- Identify the individual needs of pupils with SEN, as well as implement strategies to actively help these students.
- Understand the difficulties often associated with learning a language, and be able to tackle any concerns related to this.
- Create adequate and engaging educational material/resources , whilst ensuring that these are suitable based on the needs of the class.
- Work well within the MFL team, developing positive working relationships with both students and staff.
Further aspects to this role:
- Receiving regular training and continuous personal development, to ensure that the applicant is able to confidently able to ensure students adhere to school policy.
- Working with students whose primary language is not English, and understanding the difficulties that these children may face when learning Spanish.
- Working with other staff members to identify the best course of action for students who may be finding the subject a struggle; as well as those who need further challenges in order to best fulfil their overall attainment.
- Monitoring general day to day factors such as: examination preparation, attendance and in class assessments.
- Located in Tameside, not far from Manchester.
- There are several public transport links within close proximity of the school itself.
For further information regarding this role, please contact the Manchester South Secondary branch at Teaching Personnel.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.