£65 - £75 per day
Fixed Term | Full Time
Protocol Education are currently recruiting Learning Support Assistants for part time and full time positions within a SEND school in Wakefield.
The school caters for students in secondary and further education.
Pupils have a wide range of additional needs. This includes Autism, complex needs, moderate and profound learning disabilities, social, emotional and behavioural needs as well as mental health and medical needs.
The school are looking to expand and are seeking additional Learning Support Assistants with relevant experience for full time work following successful trials.
We are looking for people who are:
* VERSATILE - The ideal candidates will be able to hit the ground running and adapt to different situations effectively. You will never have a dull day in school and will have a real desire to help out where needed.
* RESILIANT - The school can be challenging. The children have a range of behavioural needs and can display challenging behaviours. Children can have outbursts of physical violence. They may also have medical and physical needs that some people can find upsetting. Some children will be on end of life plans. You will be required to help young people oversome barriers to learning in order to improve self belief, build their confidence and imporove their prospects outside of education.
* INNOVATIVE - Each child has their own education care plan which will have guidance and advice on how best to support them. You will be required to build relationships with the children and encourage them to engage in activities that develop their education as well as their social and emotional needs. Children will respond to differing approaches and you must be willing to try innovative methods to engage them.
* RELIABLE - Working in SEND can be a challenge. Perhaps the one thing the children need more than anything else is consistency. If faces are constantly changing and classroom methods aren't consistent children struggle to achieve the levels that they are capable of. We are looking for people who are 100% committed and have a real passion for special education needs and providing children the best support possible.
As an SEND Learning Support Assistant you will be in a position to help make a huge difference to young people's prospects.
You will work alongside a specialist teacher delivering individual and group learning to students.
We are looking for determined, passionate individuals for immediate trials. Candidates who show the above qualities will be offered longer term work and a chance to be part of an exciting new chapter of the school's history.
In a general day you will be expected:
* To aid pupils to learn as effectively as possible both in group situations and on his or her own.
* To ensure pupils are able to effectively use equipment and materials provided.
* Motivate and encourage pupils as required, by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils' needs
* Assist in areas the pupil may have additional difficulties, e.g. speech and language, reading, spelling, numeracy, handwriting/presentation
* Using praise, commentary and assistance to encourage pupils to concentrate and stay focussed on tasks.
The ideal person for this role will have the following:
* Experience of working with young people.
* TA/Mentor/Youth Work/ Community Work background
* Experience working with challenging behaviour and/or learning difficulties
* Knowledge of the range of different types of learning difficulties and disabilities
* Be trained in Team Teach or be willing to undergo training if necessary.
Please click apply if you have the relevant experience and one of our team will be in touch for a chat. For any questions regarding this position please don't hesitate to contact Protocol Education on 0113 246 8220. We look forward to hearing from you.