£66.30 - 75.00 per day + PAYE
Temporary | Full Time
SEN Teaching Assistant
Are you experienced working with pupils with additional needs?
Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in a SEN school based in Norwich, the school specialises in complex needs with pupils aged from 4-16. The school usually have a high demand for flexible SEN TAs throughout the week. You would be supporting in a number of classes throughout the school day, duties would include supporting the class teacher with the management of the class, some 1:1 learning/behavioural support and some group TA work.
The right candidate will have:
· A GCSE or equivalent qualification in English and Mathematics
· Experience working with children with social, emotional and mental health needs
· Experience supporting children with wide range specific learning difficulties and other barriers to learning
· Experience of, and confidence with, dealing with a range of highly challenging behaviours
· Emotional resilience and be motivated by challenge.
· The desire to progress professionally within a nationally expanding child focused service.
· The desire to be engaged in all aspects of school life from the academic to the pastoral.
· Experience and willingness to lead one-to-one and small group learning activities and sessions both in and out of the classroom.
· Experience in assisting in the implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEP/ILPs) for pupils and to help monitor their progress
· An enthusiastic, friendly and open attitude with a consistent and firm approach to classroom support
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong ICT skills
· A passion to make a real difference to the education and lives of young people.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.