£150 - 200 per day
Permanent | Full Time
Teaching Personnel is the UK's leading education recruitment agency. Since 1996 we have registered hundreds of thousands of teachers and classroom support staff who have chosen us to help them find work in UK classrooms.
Our Thames Valley SEN Branch is currently working with the local authority in North Berkshire and we are looking for experienced SEMH Teachers to join our growing team this September. The position is to work with children who have extreme behavioural difficulties and are currently not attending a mainstream provision.
About the role:
As an SEMH Teacher, you will support the named pupils in small groups and on a 1:1 basis and be able to work alongside other professionals including social workers, local authorities to ensure the child's lesson plans are accessible. This may include differentiating lesson plans and working with great improvisation due to late calls/placements.
For the position, you must have experience working with children who display SEMH, AUTISM, ADHD and very vulnerable children including Looked after Students (LAC).
• Good communication and listening skills
• The ability to build and maintain rapport with children
• Calmness under pressure and when dealing with challenging or confrontational behaviour
• Flexibility and adaptability
• A good understanding of the challenges faced by the children you help
• Organisation and problem-solving skills
• Resilience and the ability to cope with emotionally-draining and traumatic situations
• Commitment to making a positive difference to the lives of the students
• A positive, non-judgemental, empathetic and sensitive approach
Salary and Benefits:
Depending on experience and qualifications.
Being represented by Teaching Personnel you will be assigned to one dedicated consultant, have full access to social events put on by Teaching Personnel throughout the year and ongoing CPD.
Job Type: Part-time or Full-time
Salary: £150 - 200 per day
Required licences or certifications:
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.