£60.00 - £90.00 Per Day
Temporary | Full Time
Do you have experience of supporting pupils with Social Emotional Mental Health needs?
Are you confident in working with children with ASD, ADHD, or other comorbid conditions?
Have you ever had experience with MAPA or Team Teach?
A Primary school in the Wakefield (WF8) area are looking to recruit a SEMG Teaching Assistant.
You will be working with primary aged pupils across Key Stage One (KS1) and Key Stage Two (KS2).
Your day will be varied, supporting children in the classroom to manage their own behaviour, engage with tasks set by the class teacher, and reach their potential. You’ll take initiative, be resilient, and drive pupils to achieve and progress. You’ll work on learning activities, promote confidence, and encourage pupils to act independently to succeed.
This role is due to start as soon as the children return to school
What is requited from you
• A Qualified Teaching Assistant with experience of young people with SEMH, autism, ADHD, or other disabilities and needs
• Experienced working with primary aged pupils across Key Stage One (KS1) and Key Stage Two (KS2)
• Able to hold student attention and focus with excellent communication skills
• Can provide 2 references which can comment on your ability to work with children
• Have a calm, nurturing approach with clear expectations
• Be confident building positive relationships with pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds to help them progress both socially and academically
• Team Teach qualification (not essential but would be an advantage)
You should expect
Information about Teaching personnel
To hear more about this SEMH Support opportunity that is available to start immediately, please contact Recruitment Consultant Lauren Corbally on the details provided below.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.